We target those who want to become self-employed or start their own company in Italy; promoting the creation of small businesses by people who are unemployed. We pay particular attention to startups of innovative initiatives, spinoffs from research, and bright ideas that have business potential.
Incentives for innovative startups across Italy
Smart&Start Italy supports the creation and growth of innovative startups all over Italy. It has a total budget of around 200 million euro and funds projects costing up to 1.5 million euro.
Smart&Start Italy funds the creation and growth of innovative startups that:
- have a strong technological dimension
- operate in the digital economy
- enhance search results (spin-offs from research)
- are fundable projects costing between 100,000 euro and 5 million euro
Smart&Start Italy offers:
- interest-free loan up to 70% of the total investment. The percentage of funding may increase to 80% if the startup is composed exclusively of women or young people under the age of 35, or if it includes at least one Italian PhD who is working abroad and intends to return to Italy.
- A non-repayable grant amounting to 20% of the loan, only for startups based in Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily, and in the “Seismic Crater” area of Aquila.
Startups that have been established for less than one year can use the technical and management support services in the startup phase.
Submit your business plan
You can present your business plan exclusively online here