Invitalia is working with both national institutions and local authorities with the aim of:
- facilitating the planning and implementation of development and cohesion policies
- restoring competitiveness in strategic sectors and territories
- improving the cultural offering, especially in the South of Italy
- disseminating innovation in Public Administration
- creating collaborations between businesses and research
- increasing the quality of local public services
- carrying out rail and road infrastructure in the South of Italy
Managing Public Procurement: Invitalia is the Contracting Authority and Central Purchasing Body for the award of public contracts.
Environment: Museums, historic buildings, parks, large public buildings - Invitalia works to improve energy efficiency and protect the environment, including remediating illegal landfills.
Development and Cohesion: Invitalia supports Public Administration in developing local cohesion policies for the management of special programmes and actions; acts as manager of Institutional Development Contracts.
Local Public Services: Invitalia backs the local governments of Calabria, Campania, Puglia and Sicily to promote the reform and efficiency of local public services.
Innovation: Invitalia supports local development and competitiveness by promoting and managing programmes and actions aimed at enhancing and disseminating research, technological development, and innovation.
Administrative Reorganisation: Invitalia works alongside local government towards administrative innovation and effective management of public services.
Revitalising the Aquila Crater: Invitalia is committed to fostering economic recovery and employment in the 57 towns of the Abruzzo region most affected by the 2009 earthquake.
Enhancing Cultural Heritage: Invitalia supports local economic and social growth by enhancing cultural heritage, nature, and landscape.