Invitalia manages, on behalf of the Government, the Development Contract - from the definition of the project and the evaluation process to the execution of the procedures.
Investment minimum limit
- EUR 20M for industry (EUR 7.5M for the agri-food industry)
- EUR 20M for tourism
- EUR 20M for environmental protection
Grant and soft loan towards investment in capital, and in research and experimental development
Financial Package Highlights
Financial support is given by Invitalia, in five maximum instalments, directly to the company following the presentation of documents regarding investment costs. Beneficiaries will not be required to return the amount received.
Loan is given by Invitalia together with the capital grant. Beneficiaries must return the received loan amount in 10 years. Beneficiaries will receive a lower-than-market interest rate on loans given by Invitalia.
Financial support is granted in accordance with the EU limits and requirements and is provided in the form of capital grants or soft loans, as well as a combination of the two. In this last case, the amount for capital grants will be lower.
In all cases, subsidised companies must provide a financial contribution of at least 25% of the eligible costs.
Eligible expenditure: investment projects
- purchasing land and conservation operations
- building works
- company specific infrastructure
- plant, machinery and equipment (only factory-new)
- information technology equipment
- patents, licenses and know-how
Eligible expenditure: R&D projects
- personnel costs (researchers, technicians and other supporting staff employed in the research project)
- costs of tools and equipment, for the purposes and period of the research project
- costs of contractual research, technical knowledge and patents bought or licensed from outside sources at market prices; costs of consultancy and equivalent services used exclusively for the research activity
- additional overheads incurred directly as a result of the research project
- other operating costs, including costs of materials, supplies, and similar products incurred directly as a result of the research activity