Invitalia English Version

Site's contents

Contant of the page - Back to top

Living and working in Italy

Admission, work permit and residence

Business trips up to 90 days
For the purpose of business trips of up to 90 days, foreign nationals require a visa for entry into Italy. This requirement does not apply to citizens of member states of the European Union, or citizens of certain
other countries

Work permits and residence (over 90 days)

·         Citizens of non-EU countries
To work in Italy, foreign nationals from outside the European Union must be in possession of a permit (nulla osta), which their future employer must apply for in advance from the Immigration Office. The Immigration Office will grant the permit on the basis of current immigration quotas established by the State.
·         Citizens of the European Union
A residence permit is no longer required for citizens of the European Union but requires simple registration as residents.

Footer - Back to top